Tuesday 27 May 2014

Kyven at Tumbletots Malta

I signed Kyven up for spring Tumbletots class as he was 7 months old. (Minimum age is 6 months old or being able to sit independently). Elson kept reminding me that I'm crazy to send him to class at such young age. Oh well, real reason is for him to socialize as we do not have families and friends with babies here. Another reason is for this mum to get out and have some fun! Ok, I am a mum but I am still playful!

My perception of such group classes for babies are such that it is filled with activities, both stimulating and calming for the entire 40minutes. Or rather, due to my background as a Kindermusik educator and Music n Movement teacher, that was our weekly lesson plan. 

The much anticipated first class started on 2 May. Elson took half day off to join us, secretly I am guessing he is checking if his money is well spent. Haha. Kyven really enjoyed his first class. He was happily checking out the different stations/gym tools. He made his first friend too! The class structure is 5 minutes of circle time to kick start, follow by 30 minutes or so of your own time own target of moving around different stations where facilitators go around guiding, lastly end with another circle/sticker time. Parents need to use some creative juice here to make use of the tools, or you could ask the facilitator for some guide and follow through. 

Kyven being the youngest there, and the only on who is not crawling yet, has quite limited stations to go to. However, it was nice to see him interacting with other babies. That was my intention. I am waiting to see if he crawls before the term ends. (We are at 4th lesson now)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...