Wednesday 12 December 2012

Catania Food Part IV - Awesome Pizza

This was a pretty interesting encounter. We were asking for some good recommendation from the hotel staff, and we got a "Moustache" sign. I only recognised the sign as I could not catch the Italian words said. We were told it was just a stone throw away from Sheraton Catania, where we stayed.

We followed the instruction, dashed through the rain, found a unattractive restaurant. I was looking at the staff blankly, and got a blank look back. I looked around, and found a sign I recognised! THE MOUSTACHE SIGN! I was pretty sure we got it right. Upon entering, I saw a man with the moustache, literally! After some observation, I am sure he is the boss! How interesting that the boss really kept his moustache till now.

There were a number of local Italians and tourist dining when we entered. This place is famous for PIZZAS!
We had a mussels and pizza to share. OOooo, the pizza was really good. The 4 cheese topping, with spicy salami added, was a killer. It was so good and so cheap! Mussels were fresh and juicy.


Credit: Google Map Street View. Look at the logo! Umberto Baffo

Catania Food: Umberto Baffo, 4 Cheese Pizza with Spicy Salami

Look at how generous the cheese was. I forgot to add that the bread were soft and nice too.


Catania Food: Umberto Baffo


Umberto Baffo: Mussels.

The mussels is a under the dish of the day menu. So do not be surprised if you do not see it when you visit.
Thumbs up for this place. Do go for a cheap and good pizza there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...