Friday 2 November 2012

Santa Lucia - a slice of cake and coffee, the traditional way

A friend brought me to Santa Lucia, after seeing the amount of liking I have for traditional cafe and desserts. It is situated in the Attard. We went there for late lunch, which was a good choice as there was lesser crowd and easy parking. I was told they serve good lunch too. I will update on that after trying next time.








I had smoked salmon salad for lunch, in order to keep some space for the dessert. It has a traditional, simple yet cosy feeling when you enter. I see people in and out, having cakes and coffee, and buying cakes for takeaways. Just looking at the dessert in the fridge, I wish I can have everything there! I am not a big fan of cakes with lots of cream, Santa Lucia's cakes meet my preference totally!





Our final choices are:



Red Velvet

Chocolate Fudge


Look at how moist and spongy the cake was. All the 3 cakes were awesome! I am definitely going back for more.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I felt a bit confused, when I read "cake", "Santa Lucia" and "November 2", so used am I to the Swedish habit of celebrating Santa Lucia on December 12 with glögg and a lussekatt - a sweet saffron bun. ... The Santa Lucia cafe you describe sounds very tempting, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minerva, go have a try if you are in Malta :) I like how traditional it is.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...