Friday 26 October 2012

Caffe Luna (Lunch) - Food Review

A gem is hidden behind this normal looking door in Naxxar, next to the church. The doors makes you think that a small cafe or restaurant is what it leads to. The thought change immediately the moment you open the door and take your first step in. An elegant hallway appears in front of your eyes. As you walk on, a door of sunlight shines through, attracting you to walk towards it. It is another heaven of elegance. A big beautiful garden, with a patio and fountain, stands in front of you.






We went straight to Caffe Luna on the right for our lunch. It was posh and classy. We took an outdoor seat to absorb the beauty of the garden. If you walk on, there will be another garden waiting for you to explore, which we will leave it till next visit.

We thought we were early, reaching at 1130am for lunch. To our surprise, there were quite a crowd there, which I found out later that they were having breakfast. Browsing through the menu, we decided to go for Foie Gras Risotto and Special Club Sandwich, along with hot chocolate and americano.






The bread which was served while waiting for our food, were really good. They were soft and moist. I would say the Hot Chocolate was the best I had tasted in Malta so far.






Foie Gras Risotto was really rich and creamy. Personally, I find it too rich for me. It tasted fantastic though. I would suggest to share if you would like to try.






Special Club Sandwich comes with bacon, egg, and chicken breast, along with chips at the side. It was tasty. The dressing were added to the right proportion, to avoid sandwich being too dry. I find the portion too big for me, where I only managed to finish half of it.






I will be heading back to check out the garden and their high tea in 2 weeks' time.


Address:
Palazzo Parisio
Victory Square, Naxxar
www.palazzoparisio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...