Sunday 4 November 2012

Ir-Rokna - Had your pizza already?

It looked neither posh nor special, but the food was really good! Located in Portomaso, a restaurant I passed by more than a dozen times but did not enter until this day. A friend took me there, telling me their pizza is a must try.





Walking into the restaurant, the setting were typical type, nothing special. As I walked a few more steps, I saw the see through kitchen where the wood fired pizza oven is. There were limited tables on the first floor, but I think there are more upstairs as I saw a stairs near the entrance.





It was just a casual lunch, so we only ordered a calamari to share and a main course each.


Calamari
 
Calamari was decent, nothing fantastic or special. I love seafood so I will definitely order again next time.


Seafood pasta

 

Seafood pasta was nice. This is the starter portion though, which is already a lot to me. They were rather generous in their seafood, which makes me want to go back more. I am already drooling now writing about it.


Carbonara


This carbonara was rather creamy. Do try it if you love cream based pasta. It tasted really good. The flavour was just right. Personally, I will share this with someone if I am ordering it again, as I find it too rich for me.


Patrizio pizza

The pizza was good, way better than the one I last tried at Mama Mia. The dough texture was really good, not dry or too hard. The dough tasted different from the few I tried before. It was thin in the middle and slightly thicker at the edge. It was stated in the menu to be more salty and spicy, but I found it just right. In fact, I did not taste any spiciness as all. As for saltiness, it was understood as it had salami and pepperonias part of the toppings. The cheese was nicely melted that even after 10 minutes of eating, I was still pulling the cheese. I am not a cheese appreciator, so I can't really tell what cheese they are using.


Overall, it was a great meal with great company. We skipped dessert there, and went over to cafe Portomaso for some ice cream instead.

I am definitely going again with Elson.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...