Monday 3 December 2012

Catania Food Part II - II Timo (Sheraton Catania)

After an exciting robbery incident in the day, we decided to have our dinner at the restaurant, II Timo, in our hotel, Sheraton Catania.






II Timo Gourmet Restaurant is on Michelin 2012 guide. The ambience was a typical hotel lobby restaurant setting. I thought it was a good change from the other restaurants we been to during the trip.

The waiter popped a champagne while we were checking out the menu. Pretty awesome service! We ordered a few dishes to share.






I can't remember the exact ingredient now, but I think it was a ham and mushroom risotto. Rich taste but not overly creamy. I thought it was a nice comfort food after an exciting day and the cold weather outside. Portion was just right for our Asian appetite.




This pumpkin soup was not what I expected it to be. It was not the soupy kind, more like a puree. It was served with toast. After getting used to the puree, it actually tasted really good. This is definitely a healthy choice on the menu. This was supposed to be starter, we had it as main course though.




I can't remember the exact name for the dish, but it is veal. Personally, I found this dish not very appealing in look, taste was just alright. I would not try it again though.




Lobster Spaghetti tasted great, although I tasted better elsewhere. Portion was small but enough to fill our Asian size stomach. Lobster meat was cooked perfectly and tasted fresh.

It was a comforting meal but was not awesome enough for us to try again the following night. Total bill came up to 88Euros, which was expected as it was a Hotel restaurant, plus the lobster spaghetti we had. Overall, if you want a simple meal for the night, this may be a good choice.

1 comment:

  1. It was my birthday that day when we arrive Catania. Unforgettable memory.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...