Monday 1 October 2012

Sciacca - Food Review

Sciacca is located at the hip area, St Julians.

Reservations are definitely required! Throughout my dinner, I had seen customers being turned away due to full reservations. So, save yourself from disappointment.

We went there specifically for pastas and oysters, lobster pasta. Elson had tried before and decided it was quite good. I shall try it and give my verdict.






Ambience was nice and modern, but not the cosy kind.






Almost every restaurant has such fresh seafood display booth for customers to choose their own preferred seafood.









Starter #1:

We started off with 4 fresh, big oysters each. The shells were big, but the flesh was just alright. Due to my expectation, I was expecting big ones like the ones I had at Fumia. However, they are still fresh and nice!! Awesome! Something different here, they serve a small amount almond sorbet with oysters, which are meant to be eaten after you finish all the oysters. It helps to clear the taste in your mouth for the next dish.






Starter #2:

Assorted Seafood Platter. You do not get to choose what you want, chef will decide. You will eat. It comprises of hot and cold dishes.





Personally, I prefer the hot dishes to the cold ones. Although I love sashimi, but the ones that were served was not quite to my liking.



Main Course:

Lobster Linguine for me, Sea Urchin Spaghetti for Elson. Our main purpose was to try their Lobster Linguine.



Lobster Linguine
Sea Urchin Linguine




Verdict: It was the thick gravy kind. You could taste the sweetness of Lobster ( that is probably because they use fresh lobster). Lobster meat were of decent bite size. However, after finishing half the plate, I felt it was way too savory to finish the whole plate. It could be due to the heavy starters that I was already half full.

Preference: I tried the Lobster Linguine again, this time was take away. The take away version was lighter and better. After trying a 2nd time, I prefer this to the one we had at Fumia.

As for Sea Urchin, the gravy was thick and savory. There is no sea urchin though. It was quite tasty in a unique way. We both quite like it. Again, I don't think I am able to finish all by myself given the savory and thick taste.

I can't remember clearly the price of the pastas, however I think is around 12Euros each.




Dessert:

We were too full by the time we finished our main courses. We actually decided not to have dessert. That was until the waitress came and started introducing the desserts. Oh man, simply can't resist. We had a Tiramisu to share. It was really good, not to die for kind but good way to complete the dinner.






Overall Verdict:

Good food, will go back to try their fish dishes. I saw quite a number of guests having fish as their main course, it should be good. Personally, I think the pricing is alright, slightly more than cafes but not fine dining price.


Address:
Sciacca Restaurant,
St Augustine Street,
St Julians

Have you tried Sciacca before? Share with me your favourite food there in the comments below.
Or Recommend me other places to try :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...